Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Today was the first day back to work and school.  I am a little sleepy. Getting back into normalcy routine was not that easy except for my husband. He only had time off from work on the holidays.  I was off since I clocked out at 4:30 pm on Dec 21st. I was off for 11 days that included weekends.  It was a mini vacation and I get to spend time with my kids. We were like a pig family. All we did eat and sleep. I must have gained 10 pounds during this time. I cooked a lot of an authentic Mexican foods on the holiday. (i made enchildades, tamales, and tres leches cake). Anyway, back to "normalcy" routine and getting to sleep on time for a good night sleep.  Last night, I probabaly only slept about 3 to 4 hours because my youngest child couldn't fall asleep. Ok, my little fault, I allow her to stay up a bit late. We were watching the new season, Dance Moms show and it was the first episode and it was over an hour than the usual.  After the show, she had been wide awake in the dark.  I was so tired and I snuggled into her bed to help her to fell asellp but I must have  fallen asleep before her. (yes I did, feeling so guilty) Believe me, I fought to stay awake so she could fell asleep first but my eyes beat her. I did recalled that I last checked the clock, it was about 12:30 am and I knew it was around 1 or so, I could feel the bed she was tossing and turning. I did everything, I stroked her hair, lightly scratched her back, rubbed her arms, hugged her, gave her apple juice instead of warm milk ( she hate warm milk and I don't know where she got that from ) and I teased her I will punch you to get you knocked out, and asked her if she was legal age to take a tequila shot.  We didn't even bother to count sheep. I remembered I asked her before I fell asleep, what was the best thng she had enjoyed in 2012 and to think about it and let me know.  So, off I went to zzz-land and hoping for big snowstorm in the morning! Of course that doesn't happened. Then I hate this part when you wake up before the alarm goes off, and you got more time to sleep, so you fall right back to sleep then the alarm went off in few minutes! Noo!!
Two more days of work and school then it's weekend!

My first day back to work and taking subway home.


No comments:

Post a Comment